Alternative Medicine for Asthma Treatment
Today we will tell you how to treat bronchial asthma with alternative remedies. You will need well-known medicinal herbs, roots, fruits, berries, tree bark, honey, eggs, milk, butter, fat and more.
Before we speak about natural recipes, we would like to say a little about nutrition, about which foods you need to exclude from your diet, so as not to provoke asthma attacks once again. Different foods can be the cause of the disease. For example, those with aspirin bronchial asthma need to remove grapes, grapefruits, citrus fruits, cucumbers, plums, raspberries from their diet.
It is also necessary to exclude from your diet smoked products, canned foods, peanuts, spinach, tomatoes, bananas, red apples and red cabbage, watermelons, cranberries, sour cabbage, red fish, beef, alcohol. Allergens are often strawberries, chocolate, eggs, citrus fruits, fish and meat broths. Sometimes it is enough to reduce the use of these products to feel relief.
During an attack, due to increased sweating, dehydration of the body occurs especially noticeably, therefore it is necessary to increase the amount of fluid drunk.
Well, now let’s come close to the study of alternative remedies that help in the treatment of bronchial asthma.
Natural Therapies for Asthma
- One of the most popular remedies is aloe. You can make a useful balm: take 250 grams of aloe, half a liter of red wine and 350 grams of honey. Wipe the leaves with a damp cloth, fill with wine and add honey. Stir everything well and place it in the refrigerator for 10 days. After that, squeeze the leaves and strain the infusion. Take 1 tbsp. three times a day for the first three days, then – 1 tsp.;
- Yan can also make another remedy using aloe: cut off three to five leaves of aloe, place it in the refrigerator for 14 days. Then the leaves should be washed, chopped, poured with boiled water 1 to 3 and mixed. Infuse for one and a half hours, then squeeze the mixture. Mix juice (100 grams) with walnuts (500 grams) and honey (300 grams). Mix everything well and consume no more than three times per day, 30 minutes before meals, 1 st. spoon;
- And again, aloe: pour 1 kg of oats and 2.5 liters of water and boil for 3 hours over low heat. Strain the mixture, add 100 grams of aloe (pre-ground), half a glass of honey and eat 1 tbsp 30 minutes before eating;
- You can make tinctures and decoctions of the ripe fruits of cherry plum. Take 1 tbsp. a spoonful of cherry plum, pour a glass of boiling water, let it brew for about 30 minutes. Then cool the mixture, rub the pulp of the fruit and strain. Wring out the mixture and pour to the original volume with boiling water. Take 3-4 times a day as a warm infusion of 25-50 milliliters. You can even make tea with cherry plum jam – it helps to stop asthma attacks;
- To get rid of asthma, you can use ginger root. Rinse 400 grams of ginger, peel and grate on a medium grater. Pour into a bottle and add alcohol there. Insist for 14 days in a warm place, shake the tincture from time to time. It should acquire a yellowish color. Then the tincture should be filtered. Squeeze the pulp and let it infuse a little. Drink tincture twice a day after eating 1 tsp. per 100 grams of water. Take a break every 2-3 days. When you use this tincture of ginger, it is not recommended to eat meat;
- Another well-known alternative remedy for the treatment of bronchial asthma during an attack is potatoes. It must be cooked, put in a hot bowl. Cover your head with a blanket and inhale the hot vapors of potatoes. During the procedure, drink hot lingonberry tea. When you feel better, you need to lie in a warm bed and take good shelter. If you have a mild attack, you can just drink hot tea from lingonberries. To make lingonberry tea, take dried or fresh leaves and berries.
A few other natural remedies for asthma:
- Chop the pine branches, add water, honey or sugar (all in equal proportions). Put in the oven and simmer for a while. Take this remedy 3 times a day (1 tablespoon);
- You can make tea from a mixture of nettle, elderberry, raspberry leaves, coltsfoot, knotweed, dill seeds, yarrow, plantain, thyme, St. John’s wort and rosemary;
- Boil a tablespoon of sage leaves in a glass of milk, strain it and drink hot before going to bed;
- Beat 2 raw eggs with icing sugar and drink on an empty stomach in the morning;
- Pour 2 tsp. hemp seeds with a glass of milk or water, boil, strain, squeeze and drink three times per day.